Monday, April 13, 2009

Packing our bags once again...

This weekend was the Easter holiday - our very last holiday weekend trek home to see family, battling the big rigs on 95 for a little breathing room, the blood pressure and stress level rising as we cover the miles. Sadly, we are moving back to the burbs of the big city in the summer. The one thing I won't miss is these darn holiday weekends - they pull us kicking and screaming back to have meaningless conversations with people we see but once a year. I had planned to let my husband and son make the journey this time without me, but gave in at the last minute knowing my own parents would want me to be there. Family holiday get-togethers are what my mother-in-law denotes a "command performance" - the only acceptable excuses for missing them being work, sickness and death. Happily, the weekend passed quickly and we are now back in our lower slower shore town!

1 comment: